Apply for Dual Enrollment at CIU today!
The advantages of enrolling in CIU’s Dual Enrollment courses:
- Reduced costs — CIU Dual Enrollment courses are only $100 a credit hour or just $300 for a three-credit course.
- Better preparation — Students experience the academic requirements of a university-level course and are better prepared for college by gaining exposure to college expectations and workload.
- University credits — High school students earn university credits that demonstrate to admission offices that they’re capable of meeting the academic demands of university-level coursework.
- Transfer-friendly — Credits are generally transferable to other colleges and universities (policies vary by school). Credits and grades are earned and recorded on an official CIU transcript at the conclusion of the course(s).
- Seniors: Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) on their official high school transcript.
- Juniors: Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) on their official high school transcript.
- Sophomores: Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) on their official high school transcript for the completed 9th grade year.
To enroll in CIU’s dual enrollment program:
- Students submit an online application along with their official high school transcript for review
- Payment of the required fee ($100 per credit hour) after course registration
- Accepted Student Checklist
- Methods of payment include checks made out to CIU, credit card payment, or cash
- Payment can be made online through MyCIU or in person at Student Accounts or by mail to 7435 Monticello Road. Attention Accounting Office. Columbia, SC 29203
- Students can request official transcripts online.
- Can a student repeat a course to raise their grade?
A student can only repeat a course if they receive a grade of D or below. The last grade earned becomes the grade of record, and only the credits for the last grade earned count toward the student’s record of completed credits.
- Can a student withdraw from a CIU course?
Yes, students can withdraw from their dual enrollment course by completing a Course Withdrawal Request Form in MyCIU. The withdrawal deadline for each semester can be found on our Academic Calendar.
- How do students register for a CIU Dual Enrollment course?
Students will register for courses in our student portal, MyCIU. Detailed instructions can be found in this helpful video.
- Is dual enrollment right for me?
Dual enrollment can be a great option for students who are motivated, responsible, and looking to get a head start on college. It’s also a good choice for students who want to explore their interests and gain real-world experience in their field of interest.
- Can I transfer the credits I earn through dual enrollment to other colleges?
Yes, the credits earned through dual enrollment are generally transferable to other colleges and universities. It’s a good idea to check with the college you plan to attend to confirm that the credits will be accepted.
- How much does dual enrollment cost?
The cost of dual enrollment is $100 per credit hour or $300 for a three-credit course.
Participating in dual enrollment can be a big commitment, so it’s important to be sure it’s the right choice for you before enrolling. However, for students who are motivated and ready for the challenge, dual enrollment can be a great way to get a head start on college and gain valuable experience. If you have any questions about the dual enrollment program at Columbia International University, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 807-5024 for more information.