The Master of Arts in Global Migration Studies (M.A. GMS) provides students with an understanding of global migration and the cultural, economic, and spiritual impact on peoples on the move. The M.A. GMS further equips students to minister to refugees, asylum seekers, international students and other immigrants.
What You'll Learn
- Biblical principles for diaspora and global migration.
- The history and politics of global migration.
- The different types of diaspora peoples (refugees, asylum seekers, students) and their unique needs.
- Skills to minister to various groups of diaspora peoples.
This 36-credit hour program can be completed in as little as 14 months.
Why Study Global Migration at CIU Online?
- Gain skills and insights to minister in a 21st century diaspora world.
- Study with experienced professors who are both scholars and practitioners in the field.
- Prepare for various career outcomes (student ministry, global mission, NGO work).
• Online application
• $25 application fee
• Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
• Church leader reference
• Application Essay (800 words, typed)
• Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
A Master of Arts in Global Migration equips students to work as
- International student ministers
- Faith-based non-governmental organization (NGO) workers
- Refugee resettlement specialists
- Missionary among refugees, immigrants, international students
Director, Zwemer Center for Muslim Studies
Dr. Castor and his wife, Katie, served as YWAM missionaries in South Asia before coming to CIU. He started working at the Zwemer Center for Muslim Studies in 2008. His research interests are in Muslim