Already involved in ministry? The TESOL program provides you with an additional avenue for outreach. You’ll learn basic teaching theory and skills and gain an understanding of how language works as you prepare to teach English to adults.
After completing the program you will be able to:
- Teach listening, speaking, reading, and writing at novice, intermediate, and advanced levels of proficiency
- Develop and evaluate language teaching materials
- Use English teaching as a ministry
This certificate program is not eligible for federal Title IV financial aid funds – i.e. Federal Direct Loans.
- Online application
- Affirm to be a Christian and agree with CIU's Doctrinal Standard
- Official transcript for highest earned degree and any master's level credits earned
- Church Leader Reference