The Athletics Director (AD) position exists to provide oversight of the CIU intercollegiate athletics endeavor as well as other fitness center activities. This position is responsible for recruiting qualified coaches for the team sports offered by CIU. The AD plans, schedules and delegates responsibilities for the CIU intramural program. The AD also provides overall supervision to the Associate Athletic Director and student workers employed in the fitness center.
1. Develop the intercollegiate sports program.
- Ensure the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist in fund-raising efforts for the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Plan for the student athletes’ academic and institutional success.
- Recruit, evaluate and direct coaches for the various sports offered.
- Plan for the future development of the athletic program.
- Assess the effectiveness of the athletic program.
- Manage the operational budget of the athletic program.
- Coordinate athletic programs with academic administration and policies.
2. Ensure the coordination of, participation in and enthusiasm for intramural sports among CIU students.
3. Oversee activities in the fitness center.
- Ensure the development and publication of exercise and workout instructions.
- Ensure the coordination and scheduling of activities in the fitness center
- Ensure the coordination and scheduling of special summer conference usage of fitness center.
- Ensure that athletic equipment is checked, cleaned and maintained.
4. Teach physical education courses for the undergraduate division.
- Ability to initiate and develop participation in intercollegiate athletics.
- Ability to recruit, evaluate and develop athletic team coaches and athletes.
- Knowledge of exercise equipment, sports, and ability to schedule team events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in Physical Education or related field preferred.
- Experience directing organized athletic programs at the college level.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application on this site.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.