Dean of Student Life
The Dean of Student Life provides strategic vision and leadership to a comprehensive student development program, including spiritual formation (chapel and campus spiritual development) and student services (housing and resident life, campus activities, health services, student center, new student orientation, and intramural sports) that helps accomplish the institution’s spiritual, academic, and social objectives for students with a special focus on spiritual formation and total life training. Serving as a strong advocate for students and student leadership development, the Dean of Student Life will articulate a clear vision for the importance of student development within the higher education structure.
- Work with the Executive Vice President/Provost and higher education leadership team, associate deans and faculty to articulate and implement a comprehensive philosophy of student life for both traditional and non-traditional students.
- Implement and oversee policies, procedures and activities for CIU Student Life that are in keeping with the comprehensive philosophy of Columbia International University.
- Provide leadership and direction to the associate deans and other professional Student Life staff, helping them implement and achieve the institution’s objectives for students and assisting with conflict resolution as necessary.
- Serve as an advocate for students and student leaders and help articulate the vision for Student Life within the campus structure through participation in faculty meetings and other relevant administrative committees and processes.
- Work to provide for appropriate pastoral and professional counseling services and to administer a restorative system of student discipline.
- In consultation with the Director of Institutional Research and others, devise and implement a comprehensive program of systematic assessment and planning for all student services programs and activities.
- Provide vision and leadership for CIU’s chapel program.
- Provide vision and leadership for new student orientation, student activities, intramural sports and health services.
- Counsel, disciple, and advise students and student leaders and provide instruction in classroom and chapel settings as appropriate.
- Lead in the preparation and management of Student Life departmental budgets.
- Manage the performance and development of Student Life staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to CIU’s biblical and community life and doctrinal standards, mission and educational goals.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a comprehensive student life services program.
- Strong evidence of the requisite communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills in working with students, families, staff, faculty and administrators.
- Proven understanding of student life and an ability to articulate a clear vision for the role of student life in a Christian university.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability in successfully managing multiple staff and budgets.
- Proven ability to counsel and advise students from a biblical perspective.
- Demonstrated public speaking and classroom teaching skill.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and five years of related experience required.
- Post-secondary education and training in biblical theological/ministry studies and/or student development highly desirable.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application on this site.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global (Online) Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the Cook School of Business Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the School of Nursing Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.