Master of Arts in Bible Exposition
CIU’s Master of Arts in Bible Exposition is founded on eternal Biblical principles.
The Bible Exposition program is for those whom God has blessed with a deep love of His word — those who want to read, analyze, and interpret Scripture. If that’s you, seeking to bring the world closer to God through writing about, teaching, and ministering Scripture, you’ll be at home in the Bible Exposition master’s program.
What You’ll Learn
- Practice sound exegesis and exposition of the biblical text and trace key themes in Scripture.
- Communicate biblical truth with the goal of life transformation.
- Discuss the teaching of individual Bible books in detail and contextualize them to a variety of cultures.
18 months, while taking one course at a time
Why Study Bible Exposition with CIU?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach and who can provide expert academic advising
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
- Internships and research opportunities built into the curriculum
Career and Ministry Opportunities for Bible Exposition Graduates
Bible Exposition students come from all professions and walks of life, seeking to enhance their relationship with God. The degree teaches critical writing, reading, and linguistic competencies that enrich the skills you bring with you to the program, as well as opens doors to careers in teaching, ministry, and research and writing.
- Church & Ministry Work: Serving as a pastor or associate pastor, itinerant speaker, or as a campus or parachurch ministry professional
- Missionary: Work cross-culturally both in the United States and abroad to help communities and draw people closer to God through communicating Scripture
Master of Arts in Bible Exposition Admission Requirements
• Completed application
• $25 application fee
• Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
• Church leader reference
• Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
• A GPA of 2.5 or higher